Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flank Steak, etc.

You want this.
meatslice

Trust me.

Flank Steak Marinade:
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

I put mine in a big ziploc bag and it sat in the fridge overnight AND all the next day. I mean business.

Steak needs sidekicks, so I decided on corn on the cob and spinach. But before you start thinking I've gone healthy, keep reading.
corn

Corn by itself is just corn, so let's make it better!

Start with some herbs...say, thyme, parsley, basil, and tarragon (or whatever you like/have), a 1/2 tsp of each.
herbs

And add them to some butter!
herbsbutter

This equals herb butter! Yippee!
herbbutter

Now we can have corn with herb butter! I will continue to narrate in all exclamations!
cornbutter

Wrap up the corn so the herb butter doesn't escape!
cornwrap

Now let's cook it! Med-High heat, for 15 - 20 minutes!
corncook

Here's our meat that's been marinating for a long time!
meatmarinate

You must have a paper towel dipped in oil, so you can oil the grill grate and prevent sticking!
oilgrate

Side one, you're up! (well, down actually...for about 5 minutes)
side1

Side two, time for you! (for another 5 minutes)
side2

Here I've got my meat tented (it must rest!), and my corn cobs cooked!
tent

OMG GREEN STUFF AGGGHHH!!!! (it's about to get steamed in herb butter :D)
spinach

Hello beautiful!
corncooked

*sigh*
meatcook

That's nice and colorful!
meal

Ha, whaddya know, I didn't eat all the green stuff
mealgone

No comments:

Post a Comment