Friday, August 14, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp

These were served at a rehearsal dinner that I did not attend. But ALL I heard the next day was how amazing they were, so I decided I had to have some for myself.

Who doesn't like things wrapped in bacon?

You'll need:
Shrimp
Cream Cheese
Sliced Jalapenos
Bacon
Toothpicks

First I seasoned the shrimp with a little Tony's
shrimp

It gets better...

I cut my bacon in half...one piece is too long for the wrapping
bacon

I used the canned jalapenos...dripping in their own juice. Depending on the size of the shrimp (or the size of your jalapeno love) you may determine that you need to half or third the slices....or you may want to keep them whole.
jalepenos

Take a shrimp, put a dollop of cream cheese in the little crescent, place a jalapeno slice on top of that, then wrap it with bacon and toothpick it. (This may take a few tries before you get the hang of it).
rawwraps

You can either grill or broil these...broiling was easier for me, and I did over-crisp a few of them...but they were still delicious!
shrimps

EDIT: I've since perfected this recipe a little, and made a few changes based on other recipes I've seen. I run the jalapeno slices (probably 1/4 to 1/2 a cup) through my mini food chopper and add them directly to the cream cheese, along with some of the juice. You can also add a little seasoning, whatever works best for you (cayenne and garlic maybe, or some Tony's). This makes stuffing the shrimp a one step process. Also, Instead of the individual toothpick route, I'll use skewers. It makes flipping them easier on the grill since you don't have to do them one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment