Friday, August 14, 2009

Oreo Truffles

oreos10

1 package Oreos
1 8oz package of cream cheese (block or the round container)
1 tsp of vanilla
1 package of chocolate almond bark
optional: vanilla almond bark
necessary kitchen contraption: food processor

Might as well get double stuffed.
oreos1

Obliterate in food processor.
oreos2

Add cream cheese. And a teaspoon of vanilla.
oreos3

Obliterate some more. At this point I usually stick the mixture in the fridge for a bit so it can cool before you have to stick your hands in it (makes things easier).
oreos4

Roll into balls. (your hands will get dirty, get over it). Chill in fridge for about a half an hour (or freezer, if your pan fits).
oreos5

Yay no trans-fat! Yay microwavable!
oreos6

mmmmmmm
oreos7

Dip in chocolate...I usually do this by using two forks, and I'll roll the balls back and forth in the bowl of chocolate. Then chill in fridge/freezer again.
oreos8

To make up for the non-smoothness, I then scribble on them with vanilla almond bark (melt a little block or two in a plastic baggie, and then cut off a corner). And sometimes I add sprinkles!
oreos9

3 comments:

  1. LOL! now i know what to make for my bf's birthday! he's gonna freak!!! :P YEI! thanksssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the awesome recipe. I made this for my inlaws and they couldn't get enough. It was so simple to make too! :) I think I dipped them into too much chocolate, as they ended up like helmets instead of balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking me...this looks so yummy..im tempted to link my screen....I will try!!..Hmm..

    AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete