Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had a craving chocolate chip cookies, but not all the ingredients. I had also used several pans at dinner, which I didn't feel like cleaning. So instead of chocolate chip cookies, I opted for chocolate chip muffins.

Choosing muffins really only solved my limited pan problem...it didn't change my "missing ingredients" problem. But I didn't let that stop me.

I found this recipe online, from McCormick:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
½ cup unsalted butter, melted & slightly cooled
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Some of the ingredients
sunday14

I didn't have baking powder, but I figured it would be fine with just the baking soda. I also didn't have any milk, because I don't drink milk, and therefore do not stock it. But I did have a packet of condensed milk! I understand that is not meant to be a replacement for regular milk, but I really didn't care, so I used it anyway. And why is everyone so into "semi-sweet" morsels? Why would you want semi-sweet anything? I used milk chocolate morsels because I'm an "all-in" kinda girl. We don't half-ass chocolate in this house.

Other than that I pretty much followed the same directions as the original recipe.

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease or line 12 muffins cups (or 2 mini muffin pans).

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
sunday15

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
sunday16

Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
sunday17

Here come the morsels!
sunday18

Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
sunday20

sunday21

Bake for 12-15 minutes (20-22 minutes for regular sized muffins), or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
sunday22

sunday23

Enjoy! Preferably warm.
sunday24

I don't think the lack of baking powder or use of condensed milk made the recipe any better or worse. I would probably use regular milk if I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment