Friday, August 14, 2009

Homemade Potato Chips

I saw a post about making homemade potato chips and decided I wanted to try it too. But I didn't feel like making the mess of frying so I decided to go the baking route. I'd had some success with baking zucchini and squash slices, so I figured it would work for potatoes too.

Really I was just excited for the opportunity to use my mandoline slicer.

P1130406

It has 3 sizes! So I made slices of all three sizes.

Laid mine out on a baking rack, and sprinkled them with Tony's. (too much actually)
P1130409

It occurred to me after I flipped them to spray them with olive oil. I wish I had thought of that before I flipped them, because they ended up sticking to the baking rack.
P1130411

I pulled them out after about 20 minutes and managed to get most of them unstuck and flipped over with very few casualties.
P1130417

Put them back in for another 5 or so minutes. They crisped up REALLY well actually. Well, the thin ones did. The thicker ones probably would need to go longer. But in the future, I'll just make the thin ones.
P1130419

And like I said, a bit too much Tony's. Ended up overly peppery.
P1130424

But honestly pretty impressed with the end result. Going to have to do this more often.
P1130426

No comments:

Post a Comment